First, I’ll make sure you know about the next generation of the leethal quick knits club, since I’m super excited about it! The club is changing pretty drastically, but still with a major focus on knitting projects that use up small amounts of yarn, and fun crafty projects that use recycled/reclaimed/cheap materials! Instead of getting a package with small amounts of yarn, members will get the patterns in a mini-ebook each month, with patterns designed to work great for using up leftover yarn bits!
Major changes for the Next Generation:
- PDF-only (no more physical packages) which cuts the price of a subscription to less than a quarter of what it was for the old club! ($20 for 6 months of ebooks.)
- No more exclusivity! When the ebook is released and sent to members, it will also be released for sale to the world ($5 for a single month via my site or ravelry), and you can still grab a 6-month subscription that begins with the ebook that’s already been released, through the end of the month. So, if you don’t like signing up for something until you see the details, you can wait till the pdf is revealed, then still get the discounted subscription price!
- Always a non-knitting craft tutorial of some kind in addition to the 2 knitting patterns.
- No more strict yardage limitations – each of the 2 patterns will use something less than 20 yards, and will be flexible with gauge so they’re perfect for using up scraps.
Bonuses of becoming a member instead of buying each pdf after they’re released:
- Lower per-ebook price ($3.33 per month vs $5).
- Automatic delivery of the ebooks to your inbox each month when they’re released.
- Entry into monthly drawing to win a club-related package of goodies! Since one of my favorite parts of the first generation of the club was putting together all the fun extra stuff, I’ll still be doing that, but just with 1 or 2 packages, which will go to raffle winners each month!
There will still be a theme for each pdf that all the patterns, projects, and extras (like recipes, puzzles, games, templates, etc) are based around, but the themes won’t be revealed until they are released. The release dates will be the first Monday of each month (unless I decide to change that in the future) and more details can be found on the club page. I think that’s everything important, but comment if you have any questions!
And now, my last package of the first generation of the club! Here was August (Games theme):
The 15-yard pattern was a Fitted Pocket Case, except that my vision for the case (sized to hold a deck of cards and other game stuff) wasn’t ideal for 15 yards, so I also included a card deck sleeve version, and an any-size/any-gauge version as well.
So, if the any-size version is worked up with a bigger pocket and better sized to the card deck, it can hold the deck, some dice, and/or paper, pencil, etc, all for portable game playing! Yay!
Everyone got a button for the case, and a deck of cards, reclaimed from thrift or reuse shops! Fun!
The 10-yard pattern was a set of Custom Game Pieces (10 yards makes 4 pieces), which get glued onto poker chips, and then you can glue on whatever fun or silly little toys and trinkets you want for the game pieces! So then when you play something like Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, etc, in which you move a piece around the board, you can be the blue monster instead of just being blue…
I think my favorite is my broken needle graveyard game piece! And everyone got 4 reclaimed poker chips in 4 different colors to make their pieces.
The rest of the fun extras were a little pencil, because a pencil is always a great thing to have with you for anywhere-game-playing! And, a Farkle Points card – farkle is a dice game we’ve recently discovered that’s great for waiting for food or other kinds of impromptu playing, since all you need are 6 dice, something to write on+with, and points written down like on these cards.
Oh yeah, and the yarn! The spun recycled 10 yards was 100% cotton, yellow and orange plied together, called It’s a Game. The dyed was recycled 48% wool, 22% viscose, 16% nylon, 9% angora, 5% cashmere, super light pink, overdyed with reds and blues to make a red/pink/purple/blue variegated yarn, called Mind Games. (I’m not going to miss making up alllll these little mini-skeins each month!)
So that was August, the last of the exclusive packaged club kits! Hopefully in November the last club pattern set ebook will be released, with May-August’s patterns. I’m really happy to not have anything be exclusive anymore, that was just a bad idea.
Thanks to all first generation club members, I hope you had fun with your packages, and I hope you’re all excited about the next generation!!